During a visit to Amsterdam in April 2006, while walking around our friends neighborhood, they pointed out the little gnomes hidden in trees for the kids to find. We were totally engrossed and captivatied. Later, Jeff & I were shopping in London at the garden store for plants and he HAD to buy our own little gnome to take home. Now...anyone that knows me well would agree I'm not the type to have a lawn ornament. But... I'm also not one to discourage any light-hearted child-like behavior in my husband. Better yet, Jeff wanted to name him Gned (pronounced Ned, the 'G' is silent). Gned made the trip from our London garden to our California backyard safe and sound. 

Like father like son, Charlie has developed a deep attachment to Gned. He opens his blinds after a nap and says hello, wants to 'visit' him in the backyard, and thinks that red and green crayons are 'Gned' colors.
So for Father's day, Charlie 'picked' out his very own gnome shirt and notecards to share with Daddy.

1 comment:
I love Gned. He is the perfect addition to the Merkel family.
Post a Comment