Monday, January 5, 2009

$.99 saves the day


I have always said that Charlie redeems himself at the end of the day.  He's an action packed little boy, always has been, never one to nap well but WOW was he amazing at going to bed and sleeping all night.  Sadly I have to say WAS....We've had quite a time of things the last few months.  Up every couple of hours, many excuses, many fears, sharing a room with baby brother compounds the issue.  We have tried many things....but I think my $.99 find at Ikea may be one of the surest answers.  Since we added this somewhat bright (in my opinion) string of star lights to Charlie & Max's room, they have both slept better.  Charlie has been more willing to go to bed, stay in bed and return to bed.  Can't say we're in the redemption stage again yet, but there is finally some hope in this very tired Mama's life.

It's so nice to know that hope (and more sleep) lies around the most unexpected corners.


Addendum.... Monday morning after writing the above post Sunday night....It must be the laws of blogging.  Once you blog about something that's a success, it doesn't work.  We had a crazy night of many ups and downs from both boys.  Sigh.  I guess I may need to spend more than $.99 to 'save the day.'

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Dear Tired Mama,
I so very sorry. That was such a horrible ending to a very encouraging story. I hope sleep comes to you soon, and you look back and see this time as very short??!!

Jenny

Kristin said...

I'm so sorry Jamie! It's easy to remember 'it's just a phase' when someone else is going through it. It will end! I pray sooner rather than later!

Miss you.

beukelman blog said...

hang in there! we had those issues with our oldest for a while....i never thought it would end while i was in the midst of it! =) keep smiling and go have a bit of chocolate! =)