Life is pretty real around our house....ask anyone who visits...we show our true colors:) and Father's Day was no different. I really wanted it to be different...for Jeff and for Charlie & Max. To have a magically wonderful family day celebrating Jeff and his sons. And in many ways we did have a 'magically wonderful' family day. It was just full of all those realities of parenting...of being a Dad. Jeff was in the trenches on Father's Day as Charlie was in rare form, really struggling with his attitude and being gentle as a big brother. And Max is showing his true colors as a toddler with an opinion. Not so easy going that Max is we are finding. We were TIRED at the end of the day. Happy Father's Day...right?!
It is a testament to Jeff that Charlie when sad, when disappointed, when excited...wants his Daddy. When Max is most insistent on wanting something...a book, a cracker, his water....his words he uses is 'Dada!'. They are both very much Daddy's boys. I love to see that and to encourage that in life.
Jeff & I are not perfect as parents. We are probably not even perfectly suited as parents. BUT we are a good team and we are good friends in the midst of the craziness of our boys growing up. And I do hope that our boys are growing in Jeff's image as I couldn't imagine anything better for them as grown men. Thank you Jeff for being so willing, so available, so happy to do all the little and big things needed to raise two boys. Charlie, Max & I love you very much!

No comments:
Post a Comment