For Labor Day weekend, Jeff & Charlie headed camping for the second annual "Burning Man" Festival. Burning Man being some reference to roasting marshmallows....not sure of the story there....Probably too many kids and too many beers, the Dads all come up with some goofy name for the weekend.
Addendum. Sorry for the below blurry image. Apparently there is a real Burning Man Festival
Glad to know that at Jeff & Charlie's Burning Man weekend they are simply filling up this little wired man with marshmallows to burn. Not sure of the lesson these kiddos are being taught....but we'll worry about that one once they start asking questions I guess. I'll refer that one to Jeff to answer in the future.
Anyways....take a look at the photo below and can you say CRAZY and what a fun group of Dads they are!!! Rock stars! To take so many 4ish aged kids camping....
Again...check out the madhouse of kids trying to get their hands on a marshmellow. Charlie's on the far left in the brown shirt in case you can't find him:)
Charlie scoping out the campsite.
DIRT!!! Perfect shirt for this boy. Can you see his hands??? and you should have seen him when he arrived home. He had SUCH fun with no mom telling him this and that. and we all know a little dirt is actually good for us. the fiber and all, right?!
Charlie visiting with his neighbor tent mate Elizabeth. Sweet girl who spent most of the overnight sitting right there at the door of her tent. I'm surprised Charlie slowed down long enough to visit with her.
Max & I had a great 24 hours of time 'alone'. It went much to quickly and we are already looking forward to the Burning Man Festival of 2010!

1 comment:
So glad this was their own burning man event...when I read your first few sentences I freaked out thinking they were going to the "burning man". I happened to just read about this recently...you can see waht I'm talking about at www.burningman.com. A little scary.
Post a Comment