Monday, February 15, 2010

I think it's very fitting....

that Charlie has a new love of making cards for people.
If you are sick...having a sad day...Charlie wants to make you a card.
If its a holiday or he misses you...Charlie wants to make you a card.
They are the sweetest cards in the whole world.

They say things like

"I love you all day long."
"I hope you have a nice house"
"I love your hugs"
and they are always signed 'Dear, Charlie'.

We've tried to explain that its really suppose to say 'Love, Charlie'
but he is adament it should say 'Dear, Charlie'.

The letter writing and card making is fitting
as its one of the things I love best about Jeff
and a huge part of how we fell in love.
Letter writing and card writing.
In the olden days before emails:)

One college day long ago,
when Jeff was working the front desk of our dorm,
I came to pick up my mail.
Jeff asked "Did you get any fun mail today?"
I said "Not today"
(and secretly thought what a cute boy that is
who's asking me about my mail)
The next day, Jeff left a little note in my mailbox.
Sadly I didn't save it,
not knowing it was the first note from my husband.

I do remember that it said something like this.

Hi!
Here's some fun mail.
love, Jeff

I guess we know where Charlie gets his writing skills from.

Two sweet boys writing their way into others hearts.
How lucky I am to have them both for my Valentine.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

okay seriously...you should blog for Hallmark!

HollyDays said...

This was one of your best blog posts yet! How sweet! :)

Sunshine Eyes said...

oh my gosh, PRECIOUS! Boo hoo!