We put away Christmas at our house this weekend. And ushered in one of my favorite holidays....Valentine's. Since kids have arrived, this season of the year seems to be one of endless sickness, antibiotics, breathing treatments and interrupted sleep. So Valentine's Day has become such a fresh taste of something fun in my life. Little spots of new color, hearts and the hope of spring in our house.
This weekend, Charlie and I had fun making Valentine's to decorate our front window, we went shopping in search of 'hearts', and slowly began to transform some of the corners of our house. Charlie asked why it's one of my favorite holidays and I admitted "It's the one time of year I get to use as much PINK in our house as I want!" He thought that made perfect sense.
This morning, after a pretty sleepless night which I'll blame on the pregnancy:)...I hear extra morning noises, not so quiet whispers, doors opening and closing...all at a dark hour of 6am. Charlie had decided it was time for 'breakfast in bed' for Mommy. It's something that goes hand in hand in his mind with Valentine's Day. Jeff couldn't get him to wait the several weeks until the actual big morning.
So I got my tray of dry toast, old grapes, oranges and pineapple with orange juice. At the crack of 6:25am.

Excuse the closed eyes, dark early morning, flash on the camera:)
It was sweet and thoughtful. Even if Charlie ate the whole breakfast himself:)

2 comments:
So sweet! Hope you're feeling okay. Enjoy the pink decorating!
He's so sweet, and congrats on your pregnancy! When are you due? Are you adding another little guy to your fam, or a girl this time?
Post a Comment