Monday, December 7, 2009

God is good....

We've almost made it.

It's been a week of all weeks.

I let our nanny go.

Charlie's teacher called because of 'issues' at school.

Confronted a friend with some concerns.

Max had a stomach bug with projectile vomiting (too much info)

I stubbed my toe. YES... its a big deal when you can't walk as a mom of two little ones.

We have no clean clothes in our drawers, just in baskets and the dryer. seriously....Charlie keeps telling me...'Mommy I have no socks. I say, Go find them in the basket, Sweetie."

Did the Holiday parade and Holiday train two nights in a row without Daddy in tow....Thank you Goodrichs for taking care of us on Sat night at the Holiday train!!

I had a week of so many moments like...

Charlie's favorite new book is the coloring book I mistakenly brought home from work about when a Daddy is sick with cancer. Charlie is very fascinated by it. Reading this coloring book gave me perspective this week. Life is short. We are blessed. Jeff is absent because of a trip, nothing more. Helps me to keep it all in check.

I asked family and some friends to pray.

Felt the prayers and was able to hug my boys a little extra and sing a few extra songs at bedtime.

Found a new nanny.

Was able to talk with Jeff on his Malaysia beach and be excited he was having an adventure of diving with sharks.....

I find an amazing respect for single moms each time Jeff travels. and am so blessed to be part of a 'team' in this adventurous stage of life with little ones.

2 days and counting....

3 comments:

MacFadyen Clan said...

oh jamie! thanks for your honesty. Fyi...quade's teacher asked me to call her a couple weeks ago b/c of his 'issues'. fun times. glad you found a new nanny and that jeff will be home in a couple days! i just said a prayer for you as well.

Erin said...

Wow!! What a week. :( I'm glad it's almost done. I so thankful you found a new nanny. It's so worth all the drama of getting a new one. I know about preschool "issues" too. He's a boy, whoppee!! Take it in stride. (He's probably smarter than his teacher!!) :)

Sunshine Eyes said...

Wow, bless your heart ... that is a serious week. Glad you had some moments in there of extra snuggles and hugs and realizing how blessed you (we all!) are... And glad Daddy made it home safely again. :) I'm loving catching up on your writing.