It only takes a second to remember
how little control we have over life.
how little control we have over life.
Our reality check came crashing down on us
(literally) at lunch this past Sunday.
(literally) at lunch this past Sunday.
We were eating at an out door restaurant...under a tin roof awning...
a huge storm was brewing and with it
a nice cool breeze was developing.
Jeff & I were commenting on how great it felt to be cool for once.
I was busy navigating the boys with their menu selections
when Jeff screamed..."watch out...here it comes!"
Jeff had heard the crack of a tree breaking....
and he dove to cover up Charlie.
My reaction was too slow and just as I reached over to grab Oscar
the huge tree crashed to the ground.
Inches away from Charlie and Oscar.
We were crying and screaming.
Picking tree parts out of our hair and faces.
Shaking.
Amazed at the closeness we'd just had
to our life changing drastically forever.
Jeff and I went back today to the restaurant.
(Oscar & I stayed in the car)
Jeff went in to take a picture of the tree.
I'm not sure when I'll be able to eat there again.
But we'll have to go soon so its not a big deal for the boys.
Today while furniture shopping with Jeff
some metal table legs came crashing to the floor behind me.
My heart started racing and tears immediately came to my eyes.
I haven't been able to look at Oscar yet
without thanking God for protecting him.
Protecting his sweet adorable face from scars
and his little body from harm.
I'm thankful that Charlie never even saw the tree fall
and doesn't have the picture locked in his mind.
Thankful that Max was completely out of harms way
and actually doesn't seem to even remember much of what happened.
Other than checking on me to see if I'm still crying.
I'm incredibly thankful for the Protection granted to us on Sunday.
and to end on a high note....Here's Oscar.
Proof he did actually accompany us to Singapore
since we never take photos of him.
He is getting BUSY...
quite the climbing monkey and
he loves to move his little dancin' legs:)
a huge storm was brewing and with it
a nice cool breeze was developing.
Jeff & I were commenting on how great it felt to be cool for once.
I was busy navigating the boys with their menu selections
when Jeff screamed..."watch out...here it comes!"
Jeff had heard the crack of a tree breaking....
and he dove to cover up Charlie.
My reaction was too slow and just as I reached over to grab Oscar
the huge tree crashed to the ground.
Inches away from Charlie and Oscar.
We were crying and screaming.
Picking tree parts out of our hair and faces.
Shaking.
Amazed at the closeness we'd just had
to our life changing drastically forever.
Jeff and I went back today to the restaurant.
(Oscar & I stayed in the car)
Jeff went in to take a picture of the tree.
I'm not sure when I'll be able to eat there again.
But we'll have to go soon so its not a big deal for the boys.
Today while furniture shopping with Jeff
some metal table legs came crashing to the floor behind me.
My heart started racing and tears immediately came to my eyes.
I haven't been able to look at Oscar yet
without thanking God for protecting him.
Protecting his sweet adorable face from scars
and his little body from harm.
I'm thankful that Charlie never even saw the tree fall
and doesn't have the picture locked in his mind.
Thankful that Max was completely out of harms way
and actually doesn't seem to even remember much of what happened.
Other than checking on me to see if I'm still crying.
I'm incredibly thankful for the Protection granted to us on Sunday.
and to end on a high note....Here's Oscar.
Proof he did actually accompany us to Singapore
since we never take photos of him.
He is getting BUSY...
quite the climbing monkey and
he loves to move his little dancin' legs:)


1 comment:
Oh my goodness Jamie - I am so thankful that you are all OK. Hope you can soon get back to enjoying your new adventure fully! Keep us up to date.
Post a Comment